Biosimilars: From Science to Practice in Cancer Care – UCL
In this expert authored eLearning module, our team at UCL School of Pharmacy, collaborating with pharmacists at University College London and The Royal Marsden Hospital, will take you through the scientific knowledge needed in the adoption of biosimilar medicines.
On completion of the eLearning module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate your understanding of the difference between biologic and chemical drugs.
- Improve your understanding of biosimilars vs generics in terms of characteristics of structure and the clinical trials required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of comparability studies and regulatory data.
- Improve knowledge of practical aspects of adopting biosimilars – storage and stability differences.
- Show understanding of patient considerations eg. revised consent, adverse reactions and patient information.
- Improve confidence in handling clinician concerns prior to uptake.
Join this course
The course is free to access. Please click here to enrol. You will be taken to a webpage where you need to click ‘Select’. After this you will need to log in if you have a UCL Extend Account, or create a new account.
If you have any queries about the course please contact Pinkie Chambers at [email protected]
Follow the Twitter handle @UCLbiosimilar to join in with the discussion, ask questions and stay up to date with recent developments.