2020 UK Oncology Forum & the COVID-19 Virus ~ statement from the Faculty
Due to the Covid-19 virus, The UK Oncology Forum Faculty have decided to make a decision about the 2020 UK Oncology in early/mid-April. We unanimously agree that there will be a clearer outlook then on how the virus is effecting large group gatherings and UK healthcare professionals, attending meetings.
We are currently liaising with the venue ~ if the situation escalates we are NOT looking to cancel but to postpone the meeting (possibly to September more details to follow).
The venue (The ICC) has the following policy/increased measures in place for the COVID-19 situation:
- A well-coordinated emergency management system is in place at all times.
- A comprehensive escalation process, with duty silver, gold and out of hours support.
- Maintenance of a robust daily cleaning schedule which includes monitoring of toilet facilities and all public and event space on a frequent basis. Having been reviewed, we are confident in our approach and it will continue for all our events.
- Additional bottles of hand sanitiser have been introduced in toilets and our catering areas.
- Additional signage reinforcing the ‘Catch It. Bin It. Kill It’ message.
- On site first aid responders.
- Specialist cleaners on standby.
- Allocated isolation room.