Critical appraisal study day
We are pleased to be able to host our inaugural critical appraisal study day. The day will be in collaboration with the UCLs Centre for Medicines Optimisation and Research and will be free to BOPA members only.
The session will be for 15-20 candidates on July 1st 10-3 and will enable you to develop the skills you need to contribute effectively and possibly run your own journal clubs. We would like the small group to continue to collaborate and can facilitate this in future through dissemination of interesting papers that can be read to keep up the valuable skills you will learn.
What you will learn
· an introduction to critical appraisal
· characteristics of different types of study designs.
· an understanding of measures of effect for quantitative data( risk rations, odds ratios)
· Understanding meta- analysis and forest plots.
· Understanding of bias
· The use of critical appraisal checklists.
Please contact me if you are interested in attending by May 20th ( [email protected])
On behalf of A&R and E&T committees