- We keep to a minimum the information we hold about you
- We use a limited amount of Cookies to help us manage your membership
- We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things
- We do not give your information to third parties we have not informed you of
- You have lots of privacy rights
- We take security seriously
- We do not record calls
- We are happy to chat to you about how we process and protect your data
Who are we?
“BOPA”, the British Oncology Pharmacy Association, collect and process your personal information to administer your annual BOPA membership. You will receive a reminder email for renewal of your membership before your membership expires.
The registration is managed by the BOPA website which is hosted by Rouge Media.
What data we hold?
We will hold the following information about you:
- Data provided by you, including your name, address, email address
- Information about your specific interest areas
- Information in communications that you have sent to us
Using Your Information
We have to tell you what our lawful basis is for processing your data. Please see below.
Processing your data for purposes of administering your membership and meeting registrations
We use the information we hold about you to give you the best service we can.
The legal basis for processing this data is for the performance of a contract and is necessary to deliver the service to you, to administer your membership and provide you with membership benefits such as relevant publications and information in the interest areas you told us about and so that you may attend any BOPA meeting that your register for.
If you have given your consent we will send you details of meetings and events in any interest area you have told us about and relevant details of BOPA.
Your data and the EEA
We do not transfer or process data outside the European Economic Area unless we have your specific consent or where the nature of the processing requires it.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US
We will process personal data for the duration of your membership/meeting and keep it for a period of 1 year thereafter, unless you ask us to delete it before this time. We do this so we can process your membership and give data to the BOPA Committee.
As a general principle, we will not transfer your personal data to third parties without your permission, but to process your membership we need to share with the following:
- We share your information with Rouge Media who manage the BOPA website
- We share your information with Stripe to securely process credit or debit card payments you may make
- We share your information with Mailchimp and Survey Monkey to send you emails and manage responses
You have lots of rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. The relevant rights are:
- Request a copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- Request that we delete information on you if we do not need to hold it
- Request that we correct any personal data that we hold on you
- Request that we stop processing your data, although we can still hold it
- Request that we move your data to another organisation’s IT system electronically
- To withdraw any consents you have given us to process your data
If you want to exercise any of these rights, including withdrawing consent, please just contact us via the help page.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — you probably want the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
The ability to log on to the website devices is restricted to authorised BOPA members or Rouge Media, each having their own unique log on credentials.
If you want to talk to us about privacy, please contact us via the help page.